Facebook Audience Network – New Updates
In our last article we gave a general overview of the Facebook Audience Network (FAN). In today’s
Article, we will discuss the different ad sizes offered by FAN for mobile web monetization.
There are three ad sizes offered, 300×250, 320×50 and native ads (which don’t have a specific
All these ads will render only on mobile web pages, the CPM seems to be high and the fill rate well when we are talking about the medium rectangle (300×250). The 320×50 seems to be performing better than the industry average but still below the medium rectangle.
A new feature just poped up in the audience network, FB implemented a feature that allows you to pass back the unfilled impressions back to the ADX. This is the first time that we see some kind of cooperation between Google and Facebook.
Although the fill rate is quite high this is still a very important feature, as far as we know Adsense is still out of the range this time. So this option will be available only to big Google partners for now.
What can we see in the next couple of years:
The social network also teamed up with IHS on new research digging into the native advertising market, both globally and in specific regions.
Its findings included:
- Mobile ad spending will make up 75.9 of all digital ad spend by 2020, reaching $84.5 billion.
- Native advertising will account for 63.2 percent of all global mobile display advertising by 2020, reaching $53.4 billion.
- Third-party in-app native advertising is seen rising at a 70.7 percent compound annual growth rate between 2015 and 2020, accounting for 10.6 percent of mobile display advertising and reaching $8.9 billion.
- Users engage with native ads 20 percent to 60 percent more than they do with standard banner ads, and native ads result in user retention up to three times higher.
- Native advertising will total $9.6 billion in Europe in 2020, with $1.3 billion of that third-party.
- Native advertising will reach $14.1 billion in the Asia-Pacific region by 2020, with $3.6 billion of that third-party.
- The Asia-Pacific region will see the largest increase in native advertising spend in next five years, with a 177 percent compound annual growth rate between 2015 and 2020.
So there is no doubt the Facebook audience network will be the next thing, we will be there to monetize it better.
You can also search at official Facebook ad example page here.
For further information, please feel free to contact us directly.